Page

Friday, May 1, 2020

Week 12: Diffusion of Innovation - Twitter

Diffusion of Innovation is a term that describes why an innovation becomes so popular so fast and on such a widespread scale. For this blog I chose twitter, as it is one of the most impressive forms of social media and communication in my opinion and also one of my most frequently used apps.
Diffusion of innovations - Wikipedia
Rate of diffusion of innovation 

So the diffusion of innovation theory looks at 4 main elements that spread a new idea: the innovation itself, communication channels, time, and a social system. Twitter is a perfect fit to have a high level of success in this theory, being an app that is based on communication gave it a huge edge on competition. Especially since it became popular back in 2009, the fact that twitter brought a whole new form of communication set them up for success.

Today twitter continues to be a success as it brings everyone together to one place and is designed to give every user a personalized experience. I think the coolest thing about twitter is that it brings normal people like myself and puts me on the same plain with celebrities, athletes, and even our president, and lets you have a dialog with virtually anyone you want.

Twitter Logo Png - Free Transparent PNG LogosNot only has twitter stuck around because of the fun aspects of it, but for many people, it is a main source of news. I know many people who can relate to me, but being someone who rarely turns on the news, I get 90% of my news from opening twitter. They designed it so that with the click of a button, one can be updated on all of the main news stories via threads from quality sources.

With many new social media apps updating and innovating tin an attempt try to wipe the competition, I can't imagine Twitter leaving any time soon. different from the other main social media apps, twitter has the biggest sense of community with people all around the globe and you really can't beat that when it comes to a social media app.

how twitter came to be
Diffusion of innovations

No comments:

Post a Comment